Monday 21 May 2012

Graeme Preest


Hi, my name is Graeme, I am married to Jocelyn. We have three awesome kids, ( we think so anyway), Aaron 16, Daniel 14 and Katelyn 12.
Together we operate a dairy farm on the western outskirts of Hamilton, where I have lived forever. Sport and recreation interests at the moment consist of supporting my boys ( from the side line ) in their rugby and my daughter  ( from the side line ) with her netball.  I’m more inclined to sports with motors attached. In the warmer months I enjoy getting out to the Lake Karapiro  with family and friends for a bit of water-skiing/ tubing etc.
Why am I going to Thailand?        Because ………..  Campbell asked me if I was interested and I said yes.   But!!      There is more to it than that. I am really excited  ( I don’t usually do excited )   but I am excited about going for many reasons, I could say to get away for a couple of weeks, that would be wrong cause, boy, I’m going to miss my family.  Being part of this team I will be able to help the people of kaw Law Bur at a physical level which is great, but my prayer is that they will see in some way a bit of “Jesus in me” and  also in the rest of the team.  As well,  I’m picking it’s going to be a time of learning , growing and drawing closer to God for me personally.      Oh!!! I think we should also have a bit of fun and adventure, which I should not feel bad about as that should be a part of walking with and serving our Lord and Saviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment