Wednesday 30 May 2012

Last but not least.... Geoff Shute


Hi I’m Geoff, married to my best friend Karen and we have 2 awesome kids, Emily & Benjamin. By day I’m a design engineer for Alto Packaging, 
but growing up and living in rural Waikato, I love to get out doors getting my hands dirty fixing and building things or riding my mountain bike.
Returning to Thailand for a second chance to work alongside the ITDP team (Integrated Tribal Development Program) is an awesome privilege. Their amazing dedication to the Hill Tribes of Northern Thailand is an inspiration.
Looking forward to meeting the people of the village and helping them to better health, particularly the children (50% infant mortality approx), through this water and sanitation project. To see again the reality of their daily lives through poverty and hardship, but also the joy on a person’s face when clean water arrives at their home. This is what we cannot comprehend at home in NZ.
Matthew 18:14 - In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish.

No comments:

Post a Comment